Saturday, August 19, 2006

Maine Public Radio And The humble Farmer Program

For various and sundry reasons, my MPBN radio program crashes during broadcast about once every three months. I have changed the type of CDs on which I send them the program, changed the type of envelope and container the program is mailed in, and have finally gotten them to accept my program electronically on MP3 files, which I email directly to their computer. But even then, my program crashes.

My show is also run in Miami and in New Mexico, as far as I know, without a problem.

Here are a few responses to the many I got when I asked my radio friends what I should do --- other than wring my hands and cry.

+
Hello humble, Yes, I was listening when your program crashed. As I've written before, I don't believe such behavior is specifically directed at you. Instead I feel it is the general incompetence of the radio staff that is to blame. You may have enemies but the greatest enemy of public broadcasting in Maine is stupidity. Ted in Norway
+
We stopped supporting public broadcasting some time ago when Bill Moyers crashed
+
Yes, the quality of MBPN these past few years has been lousy. When I try to listen to Classical music during the week PM there is always some interruption or foul up. I told them to rehire the qualified technicians and use the $$$ from the top executive to pay them. Charles
+
And this
+
Just read the responses to your discussion of interruptions in your program on Maine Public Radio.

I must note that the same sort of generally unsatisfactory responses are noted here in Sunny Florida.

This is a recent complaint about lack of advertised captions on PBS programs; the EMail I sent last month was deleted without being read a week or so ago. I have on occasion complained to the Orlando PBS station, same subject, same response. Why should I bother to send them money if they have an attitude like that?

Bob in Palm Bay, Fla

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home