Thursday, July 13, 2006

Marco Materazzi Zinedine Zidane

Yes, if you were to pay me $100 I would attend a Red Sox baseball game --- as long as I had a padded seat in the shade and could look at my Spanish flash cards. I could never understand why anyone who could read could develop even a passing interest in the transporting of an inflated pig’s bladder from one end of a field to the other. What is there about competitive sports that could command the attention of even a marginally educated human being?

On the other hand, I am fascinated by athletes who are clever enough to manipulate the behavior of their opponents. Aren’t boxers famous for whispering something nasty about the other fellow’s mother? Mess with their minds and you can take them down. I suppose the real pros in any sport use these mind games to destroy the opposition. And, as far as I know, this very effective maneuver is legal. Can you think of any sport where you could get thrown out of a game by using your head?


Thank you for listening to The humble Farmer's commentary on his Public Radio program.

http://www.thehumblefarmer.com/ProgramManager.html

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home