Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Look Sexy Naked and the Little Engine That Could

Sometimes I laugh long and hard. If you are fortunate, you have never been near me when I laughed long and hard because it is not pleasant. It starts out as a startling scream and dies away resembling the braying of a mule.

I was asked to read The Little Engine That Could to a crowd of very small children. Why, you ask, would anyone approach The humble Farmer to read the story about the Little Engine That Could to a crowd of 5 year old children? The answer is simple, if you think about it. I was told by management that when they asked Tim Sample to read it he sent them a bill for several thousand dollars.

But when they asked me to do it I was foolish enough to do it for free for the kids. Why not? There is no pain involved. It’s not as if they asked me to live with a five year old kid for two days. Anyway, the only reason they asked me was because no one else would do it.

There is a reward for doing things for others and I was more than amply rewarded --- before I even went to Bath to read the story. Because, the day before the reading, I went on line to locate this famous bedtime story and download it so I could read it for myself ahead of time. Give it a dry run, as it were.

On the page where I downloaded The Little Engine that Could there were three advertisements up on the top. The ad on the right said Choo Choo Trains and told where you could find them on ebay. The ad in the middle was for Puffed Borax, whatever that might be. I have no idea. And the ad on the left top of the page where I found this famous bedtime story said, “Look Sexy Naked.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home