Friday, March 16, 2007

our wives are usually offended by your blathering

Bearmaine (email, which was up here yesterday, deleted by request)

Hi there Mr HUM,

You seem to be making a big fuss about Chuck Beck at MPBN. My friends rather like the
fact that you shut-up on air, as our wives are usually offended by your blathering on and on every week. You DO seem rather full of yourself, and should realize that just maybe some folks really WOULD like you gone from the airwaves.

We love your choice of music, but don't get thinking that you are some sort of radio god.

IF you need money you should have made better choices in life... those free lobster picnics must have cost you a pretty penny.

You'd be a swell greeter at a Wall Mart or perhaps at McDonalds (just don't EAT there!)

So PLEASE, get a grip, you are no mega star and are't going to be one...even at Becks expense. No amount of publicity will make you any funnier and you really should not pick on the Public Radio folks. It's a free world, so if you do not want to play by MPBN's rules, then maybe you should start your OWN radio station....... Keep the great tunes coming, but please, please shut up. Take care....

A disgusted fan,

Paul Bunyan

+++

Here is Paul Bunyan's reply to my reply in which I thanked him for taking the time to write --- told him that my wife Marsha agreed with much of what he said, and invited him and all his friends and wives down for supper.


+++

Good morning, I do appreciate your response....not many media folks will do that anymore!

Slushy stormy day in Maine....going to dig out the 78's and play music today.... Probably bake some bread too!

I do not mind if you put my email on your blog, but I must ask that you do not share my email address. I get way too much spam and the filters can not catch it all.

Take care and keep the great tunes coming, I'm delighted that folks around the country/world get to hear your thoughts.

Stay warm and healthy!

Sincerely,

Paul (my real name is Ian)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home