Wednesday, March 14, 2007

We love your show. --- public radio seems to be mostly this endless news and analysis and we haven't renewed our membership

Dear humble

Thanks for the email. I've been wondering what's going on with your show.
I tuned in most Fridays, and for a while I thought it wan't on anymore
because they changed the time to 7:30 instead of 7:00.

Then one night I tuned in and your show wasn't on at all, only the endless
news and analysis of the latest political event in Washington. My husband
and I have been remarking that public radio seems to be mostly this endless
news and analysis and we haven't renewed our membership. They start in at
5:00 AM with the BBC, and go on until about 9:00! At noon of course there
is more news. Then late afternoon and evening until about 7:30 or so.
After the first hour of it we've heard all the news we need to hear for the
rest of the day, and at that point we shut off the radio. Where is the
music?

We love your show. It is interesting and gives us a few laughs at the end
of the week. In addition, you play great music. Your show is too short. I
am always sad when your hour is over.

Please let us know if there is anything we can do to help

Sincerely,

Michelle from Waterville

++

Hi Michelle,

Thanks for writing.

Why do you think Charles Beck changed the time of my show from 7 until 7:30 without telling most of my radio friends?

When was the last time you heard aired on MPBN a promo that I made advertising the 7:30 time change or even any mention of The humble Farmer show? For over a quarter of a century about the only time my friends at Maine Public Radio contacted me was for "more promos." No more.

If you would like to see a change in the way things are done at MPBN, the best thing to do is to write letters to newspapers. Or write to your legislators. There is something about a letter or a phone call from a legislator that makes bureaucrats sit up and listen.

I have discouraged my radio friends from writing to Charles Beck at MPBN.

It is a waste of your time and effort.

For years my radio friends have told me that Charles Beck is not influenced by their letters, so the best way to get the word out about this censorship and the elimination of programs that you enjoy is in letters to the editor. Or through your legislator.

Your buddy humble

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home