Monday, March 19, 2007

The humble Farmer thanks You

Hello out there in radio land.

I want to thank you for writing.

Hundreds of other radio friends also wrote to say just about the same thing you did --- that I was a national treasure and other nice things like that.

It was nice to hear. If you keep saying it, I'll start to believe it. My wife Marsha never will.

But the most valuable letter I got told me to stop whining.

This radio friend said that if I hadn't been able to attend to my speaking business for 5 months this winter it was my own fault.

Nobody was making me spend 12 to 17 hours a day replying to hundreds of radio friends who had written to show support.

And I didn't even finish reading that long letter, because the person who wrote it was right on the money.

I snipped it right in the middle and replied with a, "Thank you. You are right."

Your articulate letters of support indicate that the last 30 years of my life was not wasted.

But until I get some speaking jobs so I can pay my health insurance, my only reply to your letters is going to be a cut and paste of the above.

Come and visit us at the St. George farm in June.

Neighbor humble

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home