Thursday, May 11, 2006

May 26, 2006 The humble Farmer Radio Program

Unedited Rants for May 26, 2006 The humble Farmer radio program
+
I hope you saw that Dateline program where they filmed 50 year old men showing up at a house, ostensibly to keep a date they’d made on line with a 12 year old girl. We are talking reality TV here that puts Cops to shame, and if you can’t feign an interest in seeing a naked man walking into a house with a box of cool whip in his hand, I strongly suggest that for the good of your kids and the other children in your community that you at least watch this show so you can meet some of the fellows your kids are chatting with on line. You can also go to your computer right now and watch this show on Dateline’s webpage. I’m 70 years old. I have been in the Coast Guard and I have four years of grad school. I have walked darkened back streets in Rome, Athens, Amsterdam, Paris and Casablanca. I can still vividly remember the hazards of hitchhiking over 50 years ago when I’d actually have to fight off men, who obviously trolled the roads for hitchhiking sailors. They tried to paw me and whined and cried and begged me for what they promised would be a wonderful experience. But this Dateline show made it clear that I ain’t never seen nothing and I don’t know nothing. There is another world out there now that old folks can’t even imagine, and we owe it to our kids to start catching up. When you saw the cops on Dateline grab 20 men, some of whom showed up at 4 in the morning to keep dates with 12 year old girls, you must have realized that you would have to multiply this one operation by every town and city in the world to understand the extent of the problem. Listen to what I turned up on Google. “During the Fort Myers sting, more than 100 men contacted expressed interest and fit the profile of an adult sex predator, and some even posed as children themselves Perverted Justice officials said. According to the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, 50,000 sexual predators are online at any time, and between 500,000 and 750,000 are online each day.” We are talking on line numbers here, so the predators don’t even need to be in your state: you can’t escape by being rural. You can see that there is a problem here. I don’t have an answer. But if I had children I would take a very close look at what they were doing on line.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home