Monday, February 19, 2007

purchasing dept at the Univ of Maine in Orono --- And -- Comcast Service Problems

The purchasing dept at the Univ of Maine in Orono requires a W-9 or your fed ID # to add you in as a vendor. You can fax the information to 207-581- attn:

L
P Card Administrator
Univ of Maine
Orono, Me 04469

E mail: l
207-827-


Hi L,

I see you are at a dept at the Univ and that you are seeking a fed ID sent to your attn.

Since December 8th we have been trying to get Comcast to cut back our $45 a month TV to a $15 a month package. I’ve been down to the office and talked with the person behind the counter face to face twice. They are still billing us $45 a month, and tell us that it will be done on Wednesday and that although we must continue to pay the $45 a month until they get around to make the change, on Wednesday for sure, our rebate will eventually be reflected in some future bill.

The last time I was in the Comcast office the representative figured out how much I owed and I wrote out a check for that amount on the spot. But the following month I got a bill for $135 past due --- only because after 60 days they still had not made the requested change on Wednesday.

Are you following what I am saying? Do I have your attn?

I am an old man. I try to live a happy life, I go around minding my own business, but from time to time it seems that some unmanageable situation reaches out and tries to suck me in. Because I am an old man trying to live out my final days in quiet happiness, I do not keep abeam of the machinations of George Bush on the evening news and I have no answers for people who ask me for things I have never heard of.

While at a humor convention in Panama City this past weekend, presenters unloaded three words on me that I had never heard before: Lynyrd Skynyrd, Maxi Pads and Tropicana. Because I am an educated man who is not ashamed to flaunt his ignorance, at the end of the sessions I asked who Lynyrd Skynyrd was and what Tropicana and Maxi Pads were.

But that was my limit for lexical items for the week so I am not going to ask you or anyone else to enrich me with a definition of W-9 or fed ID #.

Even if I had a fax I could not mail them to your attn.

Although I would not for the world give up what I gained as a graduate student at UMO, you may correctly assume from this that I do not have the intestinal fortitude to become one of your vendors.

The humble Farmer, BS, MA, NDEA, PDQ, M-O-U-S-E

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home