Sunday, January 11, 2009

offering to our elders respect and gratitude was small compensation for the wisdom they imparted to us younger people

Dear Mr. Skoglund,

As a Native American, or whatever you want to call us, from my earliest remembrances of growing up in the home of my beloved maternal grandparents, I learned to love and respect my elders. As I grew older I came to the realization that offering to our elders respect and gratitude was small compensation for the wisdom they imparted to us younger people. For this reason I rise early every Sunday morning to listen to your show, more for the wisdom you impart than for the good music you play. As a Native American, I, too, have often wondered why people think they need to have more than one pair of shoes. Thank you for imparting your wisdom each Sunday morning. Have a happy, healthy, and enjoyable New Year.

E Myers
Miami

Treat the earth well,
It was not given to you by your parents;
It was loaned to you by your children.


http://www.thehumblefarmer.com/2006backyard.html#top

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home